Citizenship or Registration
On average, this type of work takes between 6-10 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between £750 and £1750 (depending on the hourly rate applicable). All figures exclude VAT (if applicable) and do not include costs of any disbursements (see below).
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Your current immigration status
- Your immigration history
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence (which will be discussed at our first meeting) and if you clearly meet the requirements, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range, (depending on the seniority of the advisor you want to use – see information about our staff on the 'Our Team' section of our website and their hourly rates on the 'Prices' page).
What services are included?
The work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail;
- giving you advice about the requirements you need to meet to be able to apply for citizenship and whether you meet the criteria, namely: continuous residence (for 3 of 5 years) and absences from the UK; being an ILR holder; passing the Life in the UK and English language tests and the Good Character requirement (covering the last 10 years);
- if you do not fulfill certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided;
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence, including taking statements of any witnesses if relevant/necessary;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf (including providing advice to you on the Home Office online application process if applicable);
- liaising with you and any third parties as necessary;
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Home Office fees / Visa fees / the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS) fee / medical or other experts' fees / interpreter fees, etc. We can handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Interpreter's fees at approximately £30 per hour (depending on availability). Bearing in mind the requirement to have an English language test certificate (at Level B1), it is not likely that an interpreter will be needed for this type of application. However if you do need an interpreter then this kind of application will normally require between 2-4 hours' of attendance with you so 2-4 hours at £30 (depending of course on the complexity of your case and the issues that arise during our meetings and preparation).
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary (and why) and provide quotes for the reports once received from the expert(s) – for example if you are seeking exemption from the Life in the UK test / English language test on medical grounds.
The costs set out here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. See the current Home Office fees table here.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to seeking reconsideration of the refusal.
How long will my application take?
The Home Office processing times for such applications vary. Some cases (such as Registration of a child who was born in the UK and live here for the last 10 years) can take just a few weeks. Others however can take several months.
Depending on the availability of your referees to sign your application form, the evidence available and the work to be done in preparing your application, we could submit this type of application within 1 week of you instructing us. We will agree with you a date by which you would like to have your application submitted to the Home Office.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case, at which point we may be able to agree to fix a fee with you at a certain level for our charges (excluding VAT and disbursements e.g. Home Office fees).