Our practice includes, but is not limited to, applications and appeals/judicial review in the following areas of immigration and nationality law:
- Advice on Brexit related issues for individuals and employers
- Entry clearance
- Applications for leave to remain/further leave to remain/indefinite leave to remain
- Nationality, including deprivation and nullity challenges
- Registration of children as British Citizens
- EEA nationals and Family members of EEA nationals
- Dependent relatives, for example elderly parents
- Asylum, including fresh claims and exceptionally complex cases
- Family reunion
- Human Rights
- SIAC cases
- Points based cases
- Marriage / Family cases
- Same Sex Relationships
- Domestic violence applications for those whose marriages have broken down in the probationary period
We undertake work that is privately funded. Our rates are very competitive and compare favourably with other firms. We charge from £125 per hour plus VAT (if applicable), and for certain applications can offer a fixed fee for an initial application, from £750 plus VAT (if applicable), depending on the type of application and the complexity of the case. See the ‘Prices’ section of our website for further information about costs.
We also undertake work that is publicly funded by the Legal Aid Agency at all levels, from initial application, through to appeals to the First-tier Tribunal, Upper Tribunal and the Higher Courts and applications for Judicial Review.
In legal aid cases, a proportion of our work often goes unpaid. Legal aid has reduced enormously over the last 10 years or so and this is politically driven. Therefore in order to remain in business we have to limit our legal aid work to 50% of our time. Many people ask for our help every day, and we are a small firm. We take on the cases we can, but unfortunately very often we have to say ‘no’ for reasons of capacity.