Why Choose TRP
We stand out because:
- We run a business in order to do immigration and human rights work, not the other way round.
- We often start work on a case where other firms have given up.
- As soon as we have full information about your case we will give you a frank estimate of your prospects of success (in percentage terms) so that you have a clear idea whether it is worth spending the money required.
- We do a lot of work in the higher courts and won’t abandon your case if Judicial Review becomes the only option (subject to the case having sufficient merit).
- We know that every immigration problem is different and tailor our work to the needs of your case.
- We understand that pursuing an immigration case can be very frightening, because failure can mean that you are no longer able to live with your family, or that you are returned to a place where you are not safe. We know that the officials making decisions in these cases can sometimes be intimidating, uncaring, and influenced by the political climate. If a cruel decision is inflicted on you, we will do our best to get it overturned. If we believe that this will be impossible, we will tell you.
- We have links with a broad range of other lawyers and will refer you to other organisations for advice in different areas of law if you need us to.
- We have held a Legal Aid contract since we started up in 2003 and therefore all of our legal staff have to become accredited under the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme, a rigorous process involving exams and reaccreditation. This does not apply to solicitors’ firms who don’t hold a Legal Aid contract.
- We can offer Legal Aid where you qualify for it on financial grounds and where it is still available (the possibility of Legal Aid funding was removed from most immigration cases in 2013 but is still available in certain situations).