Applications for Further Leave to Remain, Indefinite Leave to Remain & Entry Clearance applications under the investor, business development and talent visa categories i.e. Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Investor), Innovator, Start-up and Global Talent.
On average, this type of work takes between 6-14 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between £900 and £2100 (depending on the hourly rate applicable). All figures exclude VAT (if applicable) and do not include costs of any disbursements (see below).
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Your current immigration status
- Your immigration history
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
- Which language(s) you speak
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence (which will be discussed at our first meeting) and if you clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range, (depending on the seniority of the advisor you want to use – see information about our staff on the ‘Our Team‘ section of our website and their hourly rates on the ‘Prices‘ page).
What services are included?
The work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided;
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf (including providing advice to you on the Home Office online application process if applicable);
- liaising with you and any third parties (with your permission, for example your accountant) before your application is submitted;
- liaising with you and any third parties (with your permission, for example your employer) whilst your application is pending;
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Home Office fees / Visa fees / the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS) fee / business plan preparation / medical or other experts’ fees / interpreter fees, etc. We can handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Interpreter’s fees at approximately £30 per hour (depending on availability). If you need an interpreter then this kind of application will normally require between 3-6 hours’ of attendance with you so 3-6 hours at £30 (depending of course on the complexity of your case and the issues that arise during our meetings and preparation).
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary (and why) and provide quotes for the reports once received from the expert(s).
- The fee estimate range given for this type of application does not cover us attending any interview with the Home Office. We are able to accompany you but there will be additional charges (at the hourly rate, plus VAT if applicable, plus travel costs and travel/waiting time, charged at half the hourly rate).
The costs set out here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. See the current Home Office fees table here.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal (see information on our website about costs and disbursement of appealing to the First-tier Tribunal)
How long will my application take?
You can read the current times given by the Home Office: Processing times.
Depending on the basis of the application, the evidence available and the work to be done in preparing your application, we could submit this type of application within 1 week of you instructing us. For applications for an extension of leave to remain in the UK, where you already have leave to remain, you cannot apply (in the same category) more than 28 days before the expiry of your current leave to remain. We will agree with you a date by which you would like to have your application submitted to the Home Office.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case, at which point we may be able to agree to fix a fee with you at a certain level for our charges (excluding VAT and disbursements e.g. Home Office fees / Entry Clearance fees).